Friday, April 21, 2006

I can't say which of these people I hate the most

I only know it's not the baby. From a malpractice case in Cook County:
 
A pregnant woman had her medical stats taken by a doctor with a cold, refused to be treated by the doctor, and left in a huff. When a few days later the woman came down with a cold and passed it on to her husband, the psychological trauma was such that she sought the counsel of a psychiatrist. Nearly a year later, the woman, her baby and her husband sued the doctor and her medical practice for "emotional distress and psychological trauma . . . intentionally and negligently inflicted." Here are details of their story taken from county public records.
 
Complaint, dated March 5, 2002: "According to the Diary of Andrew B., and confirmed herewith by the Plaintiffs [the mother and the baby, 10 months old at time of filing] on March 4, 2001, Dawn B. came down with an upper respiratory infection which the Plaintiffs believe to be the same illness which Dr. Janice J. had on March 1, 2001."
 
"The emotional distress and psychological trauma which was inflicted, intentionally and negligently, on Dawn B., included . . . nightmares (particularly about doctors trying to kill her baby)"
 
In a letter from Andrew B. to the president of the hospital medical board, March 2, 2001:
"We certainly do not need the money since I come from one of the wealthiest families in this country (since my grandfather, Russell B., cofounded B. and McKenzie [I don't know why I'm bothering to protect this guy's privacy], which is today the world's largest law firm.) Furthermore, I personally earn $210,000 per year and Dawn earns $140,000 per year. Moreover, Dawn and I do not seem to have caught Dr. J.'s illness. . . . Perhaps taking some action will help Dawn to put this behind her so that she can sleep at night........and this will help me in having a saner household."
 
And my favorite, in a letter from the doctor:
"You could of let Dr. W. examine you on Thursday instead . . . "
 
I suppose she could of, IF OF WERE A VERB.

1 comment:

bostonmed said...

That woman needs a spanking, and not one of those good BDSM spankings either.