Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Church voicemail is patently wack. --Kate

grace and peace be with you, this is b----- baptist. for pastor
e-----, just wait for the beep, and remember Jesus loves you and has a
wonderful plan for your life.

--Kate's rendering of one such message

3 comments:

Kate said...

me: heehee. I love your theological quote streak

Andrew: ha, me too
i'm not even trying, it's divine inspiration

Ren said...

Are you kidding? I wish everyone would tell me to remember something...

I think if I had my way, my voicemail prompt would be, Hi you have reached Karen Kwok's voicemail. Leave a message, but more importantly, have a magical day! You're only young once! The glass is always half full! Did you remember to turn off the gas stove? etc etc.

Anonymous said...

FYI I think certain life-coach services provide the kind of life reafirrming/gas stove reminding voicemail prompt that Ren may want.

That, or if you have Alzheimer, this could be a revolutionary way to always be mindful of the gas stove.

-philbert