Fruit-themed double header
(outside MIT student center with 3 guys, 2 from Swarthmore, one from Yale; the nerdiness is pleasantly palpable)
Me: I never know what to do with orange seeds. Can I just spit them out?
Swarthmore guy: Yes, but only if you refrain from spitting them at the people who suggest that you dispense with them thus.
Other Swarthmore guy: Or others within spit radius of the suggester of said rule.
(at champagne reception for retiring professor; a good case for why not to serve champagne before lunch)
Steve: Hana, will you help me take over El Salvador?
Hana: Steve? ... That's really stupid.
Steve: No, but see, El Salvador is the gateway to Honduras. And Honduras is the gateway to... bananas.
Hana: And bananas are the gateway to...?
Steve: People's hearts.
1 comment:
Can I get a NERD ALERT! I have to give props to the kid who ended his sentence to you with 'thus'. He clearly has been watching his Mobil Masterpiece Theater.
I hope you flashed them your ankles.
Post a Comment