I concur...
"I feel like relationships here, instead of being a partnership, it's more like a social statement."
-Observation made today about Harvard
"I feel like relationships here, instead of being a partnership, it's more like a social statement."
-Observation made today about Harvard
quoth
SL
at
3:44 PM
this virtual quote wall is the best thing ever
it gives my life meaning
-- Andrew
3 comments:
interesting... why do you say that
"I don't mind if those [Harvard students] want to have relationships with each other in the privacy of their own homes, but do they all have to be so in your face about it?" (wink)
I wrote a long reply about how relationships everywhere have some degree of show-off-ness to them, but the computer ate it. I was exposed to quite a lot of this in the French literature I read for a class this term, where people marry for pretty much any reason except love. Great literature, not to mention the Vows column, teeters on the edge between true love and social climbing. It's not a Harvard thing, it's a people thing. God, I sound cynical - blame it on the French.
Post a Comment