Commencement Edition!
"I do not see this as a day for congratulation. After all, they were going to give those degrees to somebody." -- Rev. Gomes (arguably Marty Bell? I don't remember)
--------
"So much money, so few tents." -- Jess Burkle, on Class Day in the pouring rain
--------
"Would the candidates for degrees in Dental Medicine please rise." -- Provost
"What are they doing over there?" -- me, standing up
"MOO! Sit down, or you'll get a degree in dentistry!" -- Fran
--------
"Chief, I like your baton." -- me
"Yes, well, this is an actual Class Marshal baton from the 1901 Commencement." -- Chief
"Chief! Chief! Were you a 1901 Class Marshal?" -- Fran
"Heeeeh. Heeeeh. Very funny, Frances." -- Chief
--------
"She is the biggest ass in academia." -- my aunt, on a certain Harvard prof
"How big is it?" -- me
"IS, not HAS." -- my aunt
2 comments:
I think that first one was actually said by the guy who gave the graduate address, Martin Bell. Unless Gomes said it also and I wasn't paying attention.
i love frances moore. in a related story, i was forcibly prevented from receiving a master's degree by alert roommates.
also, people who were there, how great was molly's speech?
Post a Comment