Wednesday, August 30, 2006

a two part-er

a classic, of sorts
"I can't imagine living in a city without art museums, or universities, or Brooks Brothers" - Minh, upon talking to someone from rural NY

trauma
this isn't a quote so much as a statement...today in class we saw pictures of ovarian teratomas - the freaky thing about them is that they have tissue that's usually used to create structures from various locales all over the body, so these cysts have things like hair! inside, or teeth! TEETH! inside, or even worse, a HUMAN CHIN! don't worry tho, ladies, they're benign...
that is all.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Googling "ovarian teratoma" nearly made me lose my breakfast. Smart one, O'Malley.

Ren said...

Teratomas... I remember seeing pictures of them in some NYT article (my life revolves around NYT articles). It was so nasty! I saw a molar! A friggin' MOLAR!

Kate said...

Teratomas and Minh! This is a dangerous post indeed. Quick, think about kitties!