Thursday, October 19, 2006

I guess I'll throw out the orange face paint then.

from an article here about what a woman's halloween costume will tell about her dating strategy:

Oompa Loompa: Nostalgia for a favorite childhood book leads some women to dress like Willy Wonka’s helper. “I guess it could mean she’s sweet like candy,” suggests Charles Grey of Long Island, NY. “But if you listen to the lyrics of the Oompa Loompa song from the movie, they’re a pretty strident bunch. So that costume could be a tip-off that she’s bossy, nagging and lecturing.”
Expert analysis: “If a girl is dressing as an Oompa, a guy will think she is not looking to meet someone,” observes Andrew Feinstein, co-author of Opening Lines, Pinky Probes and L-Bombs: The Girls & Sports Dating and Relationship Playbook. “It is impossible to make an Oompa Loompa provocative. So basically, no single girl that is looking to meet guys on Halloween dresses like an Oompa Loompa.”

7 comments:

Luke said...

u r 2 tall 2 b an oompa loompa.

Kate said...

Think outside the box--you could be the first to make an Oompa Loompa provocative! (Sexy cat, sexy devil, sexy candy-making dwarf . . . )

marn said...

i think that since there are at least 1 or 2 people in the school with achondroplasia, dressing up like a little person might be slightly offensive.

my only question is, if you look at the credentials of the expert analysis, the guy is the author of the book "Opening Lines, Pinky Probes and L-Bombs". What's a pinky probe?

Molly said...

I like when luke and/or his countliness stop lurking. hehe.

Molly said...

Sam J? What's a pinky probe? I'm waiting...

marn said...

uhh...i made the mistake of googling it. it's what you think.

Molly said...

oh. okay, s.j.l., you're off the hook.