Wednesday, October 11, 2006

resignation

while chatting with a friend who's a teacher in a nearby suburb:

"This is my life now! See this beer stein? (Hold up harvard stein) I won this for going to 30 senior bars! Do you know what it's filled with now? Coffee! Not beer, COFFEE! Motherf*cking Coffee! Do you SEE what school has made me become?? I'm drinking COFFEE out of a BEER STEIN!"

-during one of my caffeine-induced hysterias

6 comments:

bostonmed said...

awww. I thankfully have not had to drink coffee in large volumes. A constant stream of tea (brewed in my brita water container, to Mike's displeasure because I never have untainted water in the room) works for me...

Kate said...

But that's so appealingly badass. And probably more successful than drinking beer out of a coffee mug . . .

SL said...

Awww... a tragedy indeed...

Instead of "pithy observations," can we leave "pity comments"?

Krupa said...

i know how it feels! embrace the coffee, dear. embrace the coffee.

Molly said...

Other incongruous-badass beverage/vessel combos:
- When my grandmother last went canoe camping (at age 76), she drank gin out of a Nalgene. Yes, we have all done this in lecture, but it is better when you are 76 and camping.
- Last night my sister and I drank aperitifs out of baby food jars because we didn't have any classy little glasses.
- I am right now drinking yogurt out of a teacup. Norway has very good drinking yogurt.

soulcalligraphy said...

wow. haha. oh marn! actually green tea works just as well and it's got lots of antioxidants :] i heart you.