you just don't get stories like this anymore
Amicus and Amelius...proved their devotion to each other by supreme
acts of self-sacrifice. First, Amicus risked his life by taking his
friend's place in a judicial combat; then, when Amicus was stricken by
leprosy, Amelius killed his two children in order to cure his friend
by bathing him in their blood.
--summary of a medieval tale in an article I'm reading
7 comments:
excuse me?! you don't remember when christie and i killed our three children to cure your hangnail?!?
gratitude!
I know -- poor little Joey. The other two I don't miss, but that one...
Joey had nice skin.
That's incestuous, Phil. Joey is like your common-law nephew or something.
Oh my god . . .
JOEY'S DEAD?
If Joey's dead, what happened to all those holiday cards I've been sending him?
And all those crisp five dollar bills?
My poor little godson . . .
well, he does! Just like Kate can't tan and Christie has nice legs.
Thanks, Phil. Boy am I glad that my general absence of pigment is as much of a universal truth as Christie's pulchritude . . .
Post a Comment