Monday, November 27, 2006

the advice my father gives me...

"You should do some sort of hand exercise. Your fingers are too slender. They're like a girl's."

-My father, interrupting me in his usual style to berate me and offer me "advice"

10 comments:

Kate said...

Fat fingers! That's what I think is masculine.

If it helps, my mom called my hair "mangy" the other day.

Ren said...

But Kate, your hair is like spun gold... tinted with Absinthe?

My mother gave me short legs and is too embarrassed to criticize me about it?

T said...

Ah, parents. Every time I go home, I find that my mom has scheduled an appointment for me to see the dermatologist, like, the next day. I am not making this up.

bostonmed said...

really? wow, my parents have been trying to get me to look more 'masculine' for years. Often my dad would say something like I should do more pushups because men have broad chests and 'go bare chested often' or something like that. I think I should do those things too...to attract boys...although I doubt that's their intention behind offering those gems they call 'advice'.

bostonmed said...

...say something relating masturbation, hand excercises, and 'practice' in one sentence ought to shut him up.

SL said...

haha... that would be hilarious... i'll have to try that next time...

Molly said...

I feel you on the dermatologist thing, T. I got a card from a 2nd grader with a picture of me that had red spots all over my chin and jawline. Obviously my zits. Owwww. What happened to this "growing out of it" business? I am NOT fourteen any more.

T said...

Oh dear! Clearly that is one cute little 2nd-grader who needs to be wiped off the map.

14 going on 24, that's me.

Kate said...

Dang! Ms. Wilson, you want I should waste this kid now or later?

marn said...

"You should do some sort of hand exercise"

i actually screamed out "TOO EASY"