Not particularly funny, but kinda poignant
"Well, let's see..., I'm gay, jewish, and an abortionist...and I have a big ego. I suppose they can hate me for any or all of the above." ( in reference to perception at the work place)
"...It's times like these that makes you think: should I go ahead and bring my husband, or find a female friend to act as my beard for the night." (in reference to attending social events at potential job site)
"...Patients would ask me "are you married?" and I'd say "Yes." They'd also ask me "do you have children," and for awhile John and I were trying surrogacy, so I'd say "We're trying." And then they'd ask me "What does your wife do?" and that's when we play the pronoun game."
--A gay OB/GYN physician (also my professor) , answering questions from the audience at my organization's BGLTQ in medicine event.
5 comments:
That is poignant, but if this crowd can't come up with something funny about a gay Jewish abortionist, I don't even know us anymore.
and if I may:
A gay Jewish abortionist and the Pope walk into a bar.
.
.
.
Nothing happened. This Pope's no good at interfaith dialogue.
You have to say this one out loud:
"Knock knock."
"Who's there?"
"I'm a gay Jewish abortionist."
"I'm a gay Jewish abortionist who?"
"You ARE? I thought I was the only one!"
Oh man. I kill me!
holy crap...i kept reading "gay jewish abolitionist"
"Your search for 'gay jewish abortionist' did not match any documents." Damn you, Google, you're in on the marginalization process. Here, let's see if this helps. Chew on this, search engines: GAY JEWISH ABORTIONIST BRITNEY K-FED TEEN AMATEUR SURI CRUISE FOLEY PELOSI CHEAP AIRFARE JON STEWART.
Better now?
Post a Comment