Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Da Vinci Code: The Legacy: The Musical

Some woman cornered me and wanted to talk privately after the lecture. She pulled out scrolls and scrolls of photocopied material from the Torah, in Hebrew, and insisted that the spaces between the characters was some kind of code. Then she pulled out a map of the middle east with certain boundaries blackened. "What's that look like?" she asked, indicating something vaguely like the outline of a grilled chicken burrito.
"The Gaza Strip?" I asked.
"No. It's Noah's Ark, can't you see? And this one?"
"Er...Jordan, perhaps?"
"No. It's the face of Christ." and on and on.
It seems the Masons are assassinating people who are trying to crack the code, but there is a code (what it conceals I never found out) revealed in mysterious ways. Could I help her by assisting in the unearthing of documents that would prove whatever it was she was trying to prove? (She broke down and cried a few times and I promised not to finger her to the Masons)

-- e-mail from my mom

1 comment:

bostonmed said...

your parents are funny.
they are funny.

Really. Wish my parents were too. My mom doesn't usually even get "why did the chicken cross the road" jokes.