Wednesday, July 19, 2006

the first few of what will be many med school quotes. i apologize in advance.

"that muscle looks disturbingly tasty" - my cadaver lab partner, talking about the erector spinae muscle, a muscle that's deep in the back and apparently looks like a thick flank steak

"how do you hide $100 from a medical resident? put it in his wife's underwear. how do you hide $100 from an orthopedist? put it in a book. how do you hide $100 from a plastic surgeon? you can't!" - the second year student who leads cadaver lab time

9 comments:

SL said...

oh, em, gee!!! I love med-school quotes!!!

Marion is the new Phil!

Molly said...

Ohhh, this is going to be GOOD. I'm excited already.

Kate said...

Ooo! Then can I be the new Marion?

Molly said...

If I could be the new Kate, my life would be complete.

Kate said...

Aww : ) Perhaps it is time for a paradigm shift in the world of WOFIGO--some identityqueering, if you will. Let's put our heads together and reassign everyone to be other people . . .

First of all, I nominate Phil for the new Christie.

marn said...

who's phil going to be now?

maybe i should just be phil junior

T said...

So why is the medical resident automatically a MAN, HMMMMMM??????

(See, I'm the new Phil!)

Kate said...

Oo! I know! Because even when a woman is working eighty hour weeks, God help her if she neglects her husband! Women like Marion are expected to, er, handle everything. : P

marn said...

the girl who told me the $100 joke is married with a child, so i guess from her perspective, the female med school student never neglects to get some