It's not the sentiment that's problematic, it's the sense of entitlement
Overheard in Mather Dining Hall at 2:30 am:
Nerdy guy with glasses: "You know, I have no need to see Cairo, or London, or Rome. I'd much rather spend the time really getting to know my own 'back yard'......I mean, I've been to Texas, but that's not really the South. I want to see...Tennessee, or Kentucky, or something. I just feel like I shouldn't see the world right now, it's not the right time, maybe when I'm older or something. But right now, it'll be fun to explore this great nation, and get a feel for the American people.""
Girl in DHL: "Yeah! I really respect that...When I drove on Route 66, there was this hotel...and it had this beautiful ....concrete wall. Such a piece of Americana, you know?"
1 comment:
Yeah, you know, there's just something so... simple... and, like... honest about the hearty farm folk.
Post a Comment